Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Furniture Choice

I was searching through the web recently to look for ideas to change the furniture in my apartment, and I saw a picture that I liked from Couchtisch weiss. Though the webpage is in Deutsch language, the picture told me the design is very European, elegant and clean.


I was also impressed and captivated when I saw the foldable chair made from corrugated carton material invented by a young Taiwanese designer by the name of Chisen Chiu. I would like to get this piece of furniture for my house because I think it looked cool, practical and most importantly, eco-friendly. What impressed me was the possibility of the furniture to be expanded and transformed into a chair that could seat 8 person. I have in my mind to put this furniture in my study room, where I can have few friends coming for a chat session.



The furniture is given the name, FlexibleLove™ and it was derived from the concept of a ‘flexible love-seat’ – seating that could hold from one to as many as sixteen individuals; changing length and shape with a simple pull at each end.incorporated an ‘accordion-like, honeycomb’ structure to create durable furniture pieces produced from widely-available recycled materials. In this case, recycled materials such as paper and wood waste were used, and the manufacturing processes were also known to be environmental friendly.


No comments: