Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Interesting Buildings People May Have Missed

I have seen many postings and articles on interesting buildings, and I'm also joining the bandwagon to create my own list. I'm not sure if the authors were really evaluating based on their preference, or just copying from the first author that published this list.

As for my list, I have been to some of these buildings, and some of them are in my wish list. I have also included a local favourite, Petronas Twin Tower in my list, reason is because of the aesthetic value rather than national pride. It looks like a poster look when you stand just beneath it and look upwards towards the twin towers at night. Just simply amazing! For those who are familiar with the China people, this building is one of the icon that made Malaysia known to them.

 
Some of the interesting buildings I saw was in Barcelona, especially those that was designed by Antoni Gaudi. Buildings such as Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila,  Casa Battlo and Casa Museu Gaudi surprisingly were not listed at all in any of those so-called interesting building lists. Besides, you can also find other interesting buildings in Spain such as the Twin Tower in Madrid and Museu Dali in Figueres.

 


I also thought that Mont St Michel in Saint Malo, France is an interesting and beautiful building, especially for the fact that at high tide, it turns into an island with a land bridge, and when it's low tide, it's back as a hill. It would be an interesting idea to walk from the mainland to the castle during low tide. The distance is just close to 2km that should take approximately 30 minutes by walking with a backpack.


No comments: