Pages

Monday, August 09, 2010

I Tried VLC Player



I have just downloaded VLC Player from the internet, and tried it. Based on my initial feel, I thought it was a user-friendly media player with a clean appearance. Though it was possible to change the interface style by downloading and installing new skins, I still like the default one, which was simple and clean.



With the different kinds of media files my subordinate works on, it was great to know that VLC can support the numerous audio and video formats including MPEG, MP3, MIDI, DIVX, MPEG-4, WMV, Real Video, etc. I am really interested to try the features listed in their website and get a feel of how it could help me to incorporate the audio and video files in my business presentations.

As for leisure, I think it is useful for anyone who likes to download songs or video. VLC Player supports almost all the existing codecs and it can even play files that are partially damaged and unreadable by other media players. Well, this sounds to be a good advantage it has over many other media.

The vlc player download can be done at no cost as it is 100% free thanks to an open source distribution.

No comments: