Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Mi Sedaap or Mie Sedaap ?

Mi Sedaap Goreng Asli flavour is my favourite instant mee goreng. I particularly like the bawang goreng (fried garlic) that will be added into the noodle during serving.

Previously, I have seen from an advertorial published in The Star that announced Mi Sedaap has a clone by the name of Mie Sedaap. If I'm not mistaken, the clone was from Indonesia. Even on the website, the spelling should be Mi Sedaap. What surprises me was that I found one of the sachet has Mie Sedaap logo, instead of Mi Sedaap.

So, am I buying a clone product, or there is a typo error on the wording? I will lodge a complaint to the website of Gentle Supreme and see what is their response.




> Here is the reply:
>> For your information, Mi Sedaap is registered in Malaysia.  That is why all communication, product packing and etc are used to communicated as "Mi".  However, Mie is the original brand usage in our Headquarter in Indonesia and others part of Asia country.  We use to communicate as "Mi" is to prevent any parallel importer that import products direct from Indonesia.  Hence, we like to known ourselves as "Mi" rather then Mie.

In addition, all our product are produced in Indonesia, thus, the inner sachet packs will be still using the mother brand due to cost saving issue. Only the outer packing will be uses Mi which has been trademark in Malaysia. 

* Added: 24/07

No comments: