Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Divided Malaysian : I Don't Think We Are

I read about Dr M's speech today at Malaysian Insider. He was commenting that Malaysian became divided because of vernacular schools (hope I interpreted it correctly, else I will be sued). After reading the news, I think what he said was half correct.

Malaysians are indeed divided in education, especially when there are some Chinese attending Chinese medium school and the remaining attending the national schools. I don't see the problem in unity, but I see the division in the education standards. The division resulted in the clever and not-so-clever bunch of kids in school.

No one can dispute that China is the new economic superpower, and everyone in the world including Malaysia knows that it is essential to do business in China and with Chinese in Chinese language, as well as able to read in Chinese. Can you tell us, how our Malaysians who don't get formal education in Chinese, and not encouraged to attend vernacular schools in the name of unity can become part of the economic driver?

How?

No comments: