Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Largest Roundabout, Longest Name

I'm quite happy that there are a few readers who posted comments on my blog post about the largest roundabout in the world. Some of them actually disputed my saying that the title belongs to our Putrajaya's Persiaran Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah.


They claimed that there is a bigger roundabout in the capital city of Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain where the Queens Park Savannah is located. It is supposed to be 3.5km in total, which is 1km longer than Putrajaya. I made a quick check on the Google Map and found that this roundabout is not round, oval or oblong, but a five-cornered awkward pentagon.



I believe many will agree with me that Putrajaya should hold the title, because if it's not the correct shape, how can they claim that it's a roundabout. We should be proud that now we don't only have the largest roundabout, but also the roundabout with the longest name.

Not to forget, we also have the smallest roundabout in the world.

2 comments:

JeejeeNet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JeejeeNet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.