Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yes, I Felt It Too

I must post about this, though 3.5 hours later than most other bloggers.

I was at 2nd floor in my office in PJ, which is roughly 10m above ground. One of my colleagues claimed that he saw and felt the light above him swayed, and this caught my attention. I was skeptical initially, but then I confirmed it when I saw a swinging door moves by itself in a calm office. This was the first time I felt mild dizzy all of a sudden, and the dizziness lasted for 30 minutes. Then, I believed that this was a tremor after-effect from an earthquake somewhere near us. The radio then announced that it was contributed by an earthquake in southern Sumatra at 7.9 Richter scale.

It seems like it is Indonesia's turn to be hit by calamity. As far as I can remember, the disaster list started with Taiwan's Morakot typhoon in Aug. Then last week, we heard about the Ketsana typhoon lashing at the Phillipines, and it moved on to Vietnam, Cambodia and today, on Laos. Western Samoa was another victim, when they got double 'presents' with an earthquake hitting at 8 Richter scale and a tsunami that killed almost 100.

It is funny to know that all these are happening during the season where the movie 'Tsunami' is being shown and the movie '2012' coming soon.

No comments: