Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Make a Memory with Your Inner Child's Imagination

I like to travel, and I was fortunate to be able to save enough to see the world, slowly. To me, traveling means learning, and I believe in continuous learning. So far, I only got to explore in some countries in the European region, namely Spain, Sweden, France and Italy, but I do hope to go to more places, especially the States. I was captivated by the architecture and landscape in those countries, and capturing them in picture was the usual stuff any traveler will do.


Eight years back when I first made my solo backpacking trip to Spain, I brought a Samsung camera with dozens of film. At that time, photos need to be developed before we get to see the pictures. Therefore, I ended up with hundreds of photos after the trip, and they were stashed clumsily in my cupboard. Then, while I was surfing on the internet recently, I saw some people creatively use scrap book theme in their blog. It struck me with an idea to utilize this concept to create my first solo trip scrap book.


I am new to scrap book making, and I found that the Memory Book Page Protectors offered by C-Line Products is very suitable for this purpose. Pictures layout can be done independently, and slot them nicely in the Memory Book. I think having the Memory Book Flip Page Page Protectors would also be a good idea because it has an additional panel at the side of the page for me to put extra notes and captions. What's more, I can have it thick or thin because it has Universal Hole Punch and Extended Binding Edge that allows me to add or remove pages easily.


As a person who's slightly inclined to designing, I would have plenty of room to play with the photos and designs that I can best put down. Not only photos, I also have bus and metro ticket, post cards and commemorative stickers from museum and art houses. 


My girl commented that my Memory Book is boring because it was written using blue or black ball point pen. Things will be better with colors, artwork and graphic decorations added in. I reckon that the Sanford PrismaColor Double Ended Markers and Crayola Heads 'N' Tails Markers would work wonders with their different variance of colors. She will be glad to lend Daddy a hand in decorating the Memory Book.


No comments: